Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sato searching for ride in F1

Takuma Sato doesn't think his carrer in F1 is over just yet. Sato met recently with Honda the company that supplied engines for the Super Aguri that Sato drove for just before they folded before the Spanish Grand Prix weekend. Nothing really came out of the meeting, but one thing is clear, Sato wants to stay in Grand Prix racing.

"No plan as yet," Sato said. "It is a blank sheet of paper. I did feel they (Honda) would like to be associated with me but that does not necessarily relate to their F1 project.

"I have my own ideas and before I went over to see him (Oshima, Hondas team operating officer) I did already tell him of my feelings but I wanted to see him in person.

"I believe I can bring out my best performance. I proved what I could do with Aguri. I am still competitive so I am looking for a way to come back to F1."

"If there is an opportunity I want to race now," he said. "But I am not that desperate to race at any cost this season. If there is a chance I would like to, but if 2009 is better opportunity I will wait.

"I would not like to rush out to make a hasty decision. I would like a proper opportunity, and if testing is required (for 2009) then I am prepared to test."

There rumors surfacing right now, that Sato might get a ride with the Renault team replacing Nelson Piquet, Jr whose performance has not been up to par.

"As a driver I do welcome such rumours," Sato added. "I think this time last year I was going to replace Ralf (Schumacher) in Toyota. When I am ready I will let you know."

Hopefully the popular driver from Japan can find a ride real soon.

Sato looking to find way back into F1 (Autosport.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment