Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Braun may be out of Nationwide Series

The future looks bleak for a team that just won the last Nationwide Series at Charlotte. With the Nationwide Series planning to go to the car of tomorrow for the 2009 season, car owner Todd Braun may consider getting out of the Nationwide Series because of the painful costs that come with trying to convert to the CoT.

�They�re going to make us all half-pregnant,� Braun said of NASCAR making the move to the COT. �I�m supposed to start developing a car to race half a season? Now I�m going to have all this new stuff sitting there that I�ve spent all this money on before I make my decision?

�They�re forcing my hand. They�re trying to make me half-pregnant to get started to run the season next year, and then think that I�ll just go ahead and say, �Ah, heck, I�m already there. I�ll spend more money to keep doing it.� I think they might be wrong this time. I think people might call their bluff.�

Braun says that merging and selling teams will become the trend with the CoT coming to the Nationwide Series as the switch will cost up to 3 million dollars.

�Until I see something that makes me think that long term, it�s viable, I�m not going to switch my complete fleet out just so that I can spend some money to put on a show for NASCAR,� Braun said. �This still is a business. A lot of people make money in this business. That means everybody should be healthy, not just a few people.�

Braun considering possible sale of Nationwide Team (Scenedaily.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment