Monday, May 26, 2008

DP1 Project

A few years ago, I came across this guy's website and it truly amazed me. To say I'm jealous of what he has done in relatively short periods of time is an understatement...

DP Cars - Random Research, Inc.




I whole-heartedly recommend looking through the website, and in particular, the section about the DP1 (pictured above). This is a ground up design with a very unique take on a small club racer sports car. With a side-by-side cockpit/engine configuration, carbon-fiber chassis and body shell, and a power to weight ratio to make $200,000 factory super cars look slow on a track, the DP1 is truly something special.

Random Research was kind enough to provide me with the DP1 body shell CAD model and I'll will examine the design with CFD here shortly. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment