Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dillon Battistini wins batshit crazy Freedom 100

The Freedom 100 on Saturday was a crazy race filled daring 3-wide and 4-wide passes. Including a daring 4-wide pass in the grass pulled off by Jeff Simmons. For most of the drivers they knew it was all or nothing, but for Dillion Battistini it seemed to be an easy Saturday drive winning from pole and leading 38 of the 40 laps.

It wasn't easy at all, especially at the start of the race," Battistini said who drives for Panther Racing. "I think it was James (Davison, who also started on the front row) who managed to get a few of good runs on me. You can get a massive tow from quite a long way back here, and I knew that I could get it back. You can't see very much out of the back of these cars, but going on what my spotter said, it was very close. It was a good race and I'm just glad that I came out on top."


Richard Antinucci who finished second took over the points lead in the Indy Lights Series with Wade Cunnigham, Robbie Pecorari and Ana Beatriz rounding out the top 5.

Instant Indy Classic: Battistini holds off Antinucci at the yard of bricks. (Indycar.com)


Photo courtesy of Indycar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment