Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Barker says rear wing brackets on Haas cars have been the same all year

Bootie Barker claims that the wing mounts on the two Haas CNC cars that were confiscated on Saturday are the same as the mounts that have been used on the two HASS CNC cars all season. Barker also said that the car passed all inspections before the cars were confiscated.

"I'm not going to make any excuses," Barker said before Sunday's Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. "The car is my responsibility. But if you knew the whole story it would be like, 'Hmph.' I do myself more harm than good if I say anymore."

Sprint Cup Series director John Darby said NASCAR began looking into the allegations on Thursday night. "All I know is the mounts were not in the same place as they were Thursday morning when they went through inspection," Darby said. Fines will mostly like be handed out tommorow and Darby says they will be the same as the ones handed out to Dale Earnhardt, Jr and his team last year at Darlington for the same infraction.

Barker though has an idea on who may have tattled on them.
"I wish I could tell you some stuff," he said."It would probably work against me until I know everything. The person I think that did it, and what we really did, it's pretty ... I've never done it. I'll put it that way."

Lowe's Notebook: Crew Chief Fires Back (ESPN.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment