Monday, June 30, 2008

Temper, Temper

Kyle Busch and Juan Montoya had meeting of the fenders towards the end of Sunday's race in New Hampshire. Before the final caution came out the two were racing each other hard and after they both took the caution Busch rubbed into Montoya's car, Montoya didn't appreciate that and turned Busch unfortunately it didn't work out well for Montoya, as he was tagged by Busch's spinning car and spun out also. NASCAR didn't really care for Montoya's actions and penalized him two laps dropping him from 25th to 32nd in the final results.

"He hit me under caution, he hit me under green and I retaliated," Montoya said. "Did I go too far in retaliating? Yeah. I think they are giving me a penalty and it's OK for what I did. The only thing I told them was that they are always saying be very careful not to do anything under caution. The only reason I did that was that I was just defending myself."

Busch claims that he did nothing to upset Montoya.

"I got a run on him earlier and I got on the outside and he kind of kept coming up a little bit," said Busch. "I didn't turn down into him and just barely touched his quarter-panel. Then I got by him in three and four and he run me up the racetrack in the left rear. Then we came to that caution flag and he thought he beat me to the caution flag and I was just trying to get around the 40 (Dario Franchitti) car, who was in front of us there and touched him on the door and he just turned left and spun me down the front straightaway. I don't know what his beef is, but obviously NASCAR should probably fix it."

Well here is the video of the incident. You be the judge:



Sunday also featured another incident between Kasey Kahne and Aric Amirola as the two took turns punting each other.

Montoya penalised for Busch incident [Autosport.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment