Monday, June 30, 2008

Coulthard not thinking about retirement

David Coulthard is not thinking about retirement from Formula 1. The oldest driver in Formula 1, at the age of 37, will be racing in his 14th British Grand Prix this weekend, but it is unsure if this will be the last time he races at Silverstone.

"We're all different, and I'm quite a realist," said Coulthard. "When something has happened, or a decision has been taken or whatever it happens to be, it's not something I dwell on, I just get on with the next thing. It's just one of those things. When that moment comes, it's the journey of life. You just move on to the next thing.'

"I'm currently a grand prix driver, I have been for many seasons, and I'm sitting here still as a grand prix driver because I still enjoy it, and I get a buzz from it, and clearly I deliver a value enough for the team to commit to me for the last few years."

"There will come a point, naturally, where that's not going to continue and... boo hoo, you know? There are a lot of worse things that can happen to you. You just move on to the next challenge."

Coulthard who drives for the Red Bull team has drawn the anger of fans and competitors for being old and in the way, but had a great run in Canada finishing on the podium. And there is now speculation that Coulthard will be replaced by the young German Sebastian Vettel in 2009.

Coulthard realistic about F1 future [Autosport.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment