Friday, June 27, 2008

Indycar Preview: Richmond

The Indycar Series is in Richmond for a little Saturday night, short track action. While Dan Wheldon may have won the race on his birthday and donated his winnings to charity the main focus was on Danica Patrick as her racing moves were called out by her fellow competitors. Points leader Scott Dixon called her "a menace", but Danica says she�s probably not being aggressive enough on the track.

"I'm always trying to be aggressive," Patrick said. "If anything, last weekend I maybe wasn't aggressive enough on the restarts and whatnot. That's where I lost my spots."

"I've always been the same person. So I just try and be consistent and follow the weekend as it goes. I really try not to pay too much attention to what goes on around me and focus on myself, because ultimately at the end of the day there's nothing I can do about those emotions and there's nothing I can do about negative comments.

"I don't really know where the comments came from last weekend. I don't even know where they're coming from. So, unfortunately, I don't have a lot to say about it."

Well Danica you better watch out this weekend or you might get the old chrome horn for someone who has lost their patience.

Other than that it will be an interesting race to see who can conqueror lap traffic the best and who can answer the physical demands of the Indycar Series' shortest track.

Always Aggressive [Indycar.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment