Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rolling shots

Before I left Kuala Lumpur, I had some rolling shots taken by Bryan for his website, AutoJunctions.com. The usual faces were informed and we all met up before heading out to the Hartamas stretch to get some shots taken. Ivan and Wern Shen came in their excelent rides. Here are some shots...

















Check out Ivan's 'Sea Blue Crystal' R32. Cool huh.








Wern Shen's menacing (#GV1) Black Pearl BNR34.




I was fortunate enough to sit in Wern Shen's car and persuaded him to take me for a spin. His T78 Greddy Single Turbo Kitted BNR34 really plants you into your seat. After a while, we got a little bit of action from a black Subaru STI (version 7 I believe) who tailgated us. Wern Shen calmly popped the gear down and planted his foot to the floor. Bye bye STI....
Here's a short clip of Wern Shen's car.



Having sat in Wern Shen's T78 BNR34, Russ's 2.8 liter GTRS BNR34 and Bryan's 600+whp Supra, I felt belittled by them. I doubt the stock N1's will be able to push out enough power, let alone keep up with these big boys, even after chucking in an ECU and tuning. It has been keeping me awake at night since and I just had to do something about it. I thought I would be satisfied with the current N1's but I guess I was wrong. I already knew what I wanted if I were to get a new set of turbines, a set of HKS2530's, the same one's used in the Mine's BNR34 demo car. However, these weren't cheap and if I were to get a set of used ones, they're not going to be easy to service.

So, what am I going to do? I guess you all will just have to wait and see... *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment