Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fairlady Z

I've always loved the S30 Datsun. It's classic stylish coupe body reminded me very much of the sports cars of the 60's and 70's like the Jaguar E types from 1961�1975 or the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO.

Which lead me to follow the anime and manga series called the Wangan Midnight.


The story is centered around a high school student in his last year of his education and how he got in to racing on the Wangan with the many encounters and battles on it. He picks up a midnight blue Fairlady Z (S30) in the junkyard which he finds out is unnaturally fast due to a tuned L28 engine, bored and stroked to 3.1 L and fitted with twin turbos.


Of course, when I came across this Fairlady Z while I was browsing one day, naturally I got all excited. It looks exactly like the 'Devil Z' from the anime and manga series!






However, this midnight blue Datsun has plenty more. In fact, the old L-series engine was swapped out and in went a new RB26! Looks simply amazing if you ask me. Notice how the crank/camshaft angle sensor has been sealed off.


Gorgeous!


I've been meaning to obtain one of these as hopefully what might be the start of a nice project car. If you do come across any in Malaysia, please do let me know and maybe you'll see a Fairlazy Z like the ones in the pictures gracing the streets of Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment