Thursday, June 18, 2009

The one with the Mid Valley Golf Invitational 2009

I attended the Mid Valley Golf Invitational 2009 held yesterday at Glenmarie Golf & Country Club. Was a very new experience for me but it was good. Although I have not touched a golf club in years (8 at the very least!), I had a great time meeting new people.
I use to hate the golf lessons and golf outings my parents made me take when I was 8 but it is paying off now.

My mom killed on the course! Half way through the 18 holes, a couple of people told me she was putting lot's of men to shame. *laughs*

Here's a photo of her flight.


She won first runner up in the women's class. Congratulations mom!
Got a nice trophy and a Garmin GPS prize.

I on the other hand, played like a headless chicken, but I was still able to hit the ball. Much like riding a bicycle, something you don't forget but my short game was horrible. No feeling at all, my hazard shots were ghastly. *laughs*

Here's a shot of my flight.

Overall, I'm glad she made me attend it. I was reluctant to go as I have had no practice at all and all my gear was covered in dust. But I had plenty of fun. I think I might want to take up golf again, this time seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment