Tuesday, March 30, 2010

F1 Sepang - Preview (VMM)


OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Woking, United Kingdom, Mar 30, 2010

Jenson and Lewis's thoughts on the upcoming Malaysian Grand Prix

Jenson Button

�It was a tremendous achievement to score our first win of the season in Melbourne last week, and it�s given every single member of the team even greater enthusiasm for this weekend. Even so, I think we travel to Sepang mindful that the characteristics of the circuit probably won�t suit our car as well as it will suit some of the others � but I�m confident that, once again, we�ll be fighting at or near the front.



�We�re only two races in, but I think the development race will already be starting to have an influence on performance. It�s the rate of improvement that will most influence the battle at the front. And I�m confident we can deliver in this area: it was something I watched the team doing throughout 2009, and it was one of the key reasons for deciding to hold talks with the team. I�m convinced we have the firepower to develop faster than our key rivals.

�Sepang is an awesome circuit, one that I love driving, and I think that I�ll be able to further develop and improve my relationship with the car here. It�s a circuit that not only requires smooth and precise input, but it also needs real commitment through some of the high-speed stuff. I think it�s a circuit that every driver loves.�

Lewis Hamilton

�Sepang has some of the best high-speed corners on the entire calendar. And, this year, I think we�ve got a car that will be far better suited to the circuit than we did last year, so I�m heading to Malaysia optimistic of a good result.

�It�s a fast circuit, that requires a well-balanced car with a good level of downforce. In some ways, it�s quite similar to Barcelona, where we tested well before the start of the season, so I�m optimistic that we�ll be competitive this weekend. However, I still think it might be difficult to make up the difference that�s needed in qualifying. Hopefully, that�s something that we�ll be able to solve as soon as possible.

�Last year we saw what could happen here once the weather took over. While I�m hopeful that this year�s race will be run in the dry, you can never discount the threat of rain. Either way, I think we�ll be competitive.�

Martin Whitmarsh
Team principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes


�Every single member of this team worked tirelessly to put us in a position to win the Australian Grand Prix � and we were tremendously buoyed by both Jenson and Lewis�s incredible performances. As a result, we travel to Malaysia keen to maintain the level of competitiveness we demonstrated in Melbourne.

�We�re under no illusions that the regular pacesetters will once again be up at the front, but I think we�ve now shown that we�re a match for the competition � particularly with our race pace, which is up there with the very best.

�On a broader note, it was very satisfying to see Formula 1 deliver such an invigorating and exciting race in Melbourne, and I hope that this weekend�s race can continue that trend. It�s a circuit that delivers natural spectacle and is one of the best places in the world for watching grand prix cars at high-speed. It looks like we have all the ingredients for a classic season.�

Copyright � 2010, car-evolutioncars. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment