Thursday, January 28, 2010

Clip of the IS-F Meter Cluster

Start-up is much like the Subaru's...





There's no replacement for displacement. She keeps pulling and pulling. Gear changes are so silky smooth, and quick too. I might say comparable to the Volkswagen's DSG box. The IS-F has 8 gears. Yes, you read right, 8 GEARS! It's 8-speed Sport Direct Shift (SPDS) automatic transmission is a pretty decent transmission.

The car is so quiet. Quiet until it hits 4000rpm and then you can hear that V8 roar, which reminds me of the VTEC found in Honda's. Suspension is firm and planted but quite decent during normal driving. It can feel a little bumpy but it's manageable in my opinion. I think it's a pretty decent setup and compromise between ride comfort and performance.

Overall, I think this is a fantastic day to day car but bear in mind, this is a 5.0L car so fuel consumption can be on the high side. It's a tough choice but reviewing it's specs and price, I think I still might be leaning slighty towards a BMW 335i. (^_^)

For pictures, check out my previous post 'IS-F'

No comments:

Post a Comment