Thursday, February 26, 2009

A little town called Maranello...

After a recent business trip to Italy, I decided to spend an additional day in the Bologna area before flying back to Germany. My only real goal for the day was to spend as much time in Maranello as possible before heading back to the airport. After sleeping in for a few hours to gain back some much needed rest, I set off west from the center of Bologna. As fate would have it, I missed the turnoff for the Autostrada to Modena (the quickest route) but immediately saw road signs for Maranello, among many other small towns. I may have added 30 or 40 minutes to my trip by taking "back roads" but it was well worth it and I'd recommend this route to anyone. I've traveled to countless places around Europe over the past year or so, and this particular region of Italy is definitely high on the "most beautiful" list.

After passing through seven or eight little villages, I finally made it to Maranello. Everything here is dripping with Ferrari. It's as if the entire town is built around the Ferrari plant. Speaking of the factory, it's a exclusive deal to get a tour and unfortunately I had to settle for just the Ferrari Gallery. Hard to call it settling, really:






























No comments:

Post a Comment