Monday, February 23, 2009

1960 Cadillac Fin Attach� Case - Reusing 50's Cars

This photo of a 1960 Cadillac Fin�Attach� Case was sent in by Kelly and was made by Steve Heller's Fabulous Furniture. On this amazing site you will find a ton more art cars made from classic 50's car parts, wood furniture and other sculpture made from assorted motorcycle parts.

1960 Cadillac Fin Attach� Case
1960 Cadillac Fin Attach� Case

Here is what he has to say about his art car work:

"I love wood and metal, but in my heart I'm a car freak.

The Cadillacs of the 1950's are the cars I love the most. I've collected dozens of them over the years, and have incorporated them into furniture and sculpture, hoping to keep them from going to the crusher (perhaps the most evil piece of machinery ever invented). I have made cedar chests, entertainment units, beds, lights, and other pieces of usable furniture out of these once rusting piles of metal. I am, after all, my fathers son."

- Steve Heller

1957 Buick Two-Tiered Bar
1957 Buick Two-Tiered Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment