Thursday, July 5, 2007

Talking Point


It's huge. I would say right now it's the biggest thing I've done. In open-wheel, that's what I was meant to be winning in. In stock cars, I wasn't. To get our first win in our first year is huge. We know we're a little bit behind on some of the ovals, but I think this is a big boost for everybody working in the shop.�


--Former F1 ace Juan Pablo Montoya, speaking to reporters after his first NASCAR victory at the Infineon Speedway. The Colombian qualified for the Nextel Cup through a disappointing 32nd finish in a 43-car field, but came out strong on a twisting road circuit to win the Toyota/SaveMart 350 in Northern California. Montoya, with an Indianapolis title under his belt, signed for NASCAR team owner Chip Gassani last July, and joins Mario Andretti and Dan Gurney as the only drivers who have won races in both NASCAR and Formula One.

No comments:

Post a Comment