Thursday, May 17, 2007

Talking Points


�At 32 years of age, the same as my father was when he made his final and most important career decision, it is time for me to compete on a consistent basis and contend for championships now. It is time for me to continue his legacy, and the only way I know I can [is] by taking the life lessons that he taught me: Be a man, race hard and contend championships. Since that is what I plan to do, I feel strongly that I would have my father�s blessing.�

--Two-time Busch Series champion Dale Earnhardt Jr., son of racing legend Earnhardt Sr., announcing his decision Thursday to leave his father's DEI race team. Junior has raced for DEI in his entire career, and opted out after months of failed negotiations with DEI officials and disputes with stepmom and team owner Teresa Earnhardt.

No comments:

Post a Comment