Tuesday, January 29, 2008

False Voodoo Art Car








Photos taken at Art Car Fest 07 In San Francisco by addadada

This amazing volvo stationwagon art car comes from Sebastopol CA, created by artist Art Moura, who mainly paints sculptured recycled materials such as drift wood, plastic dolls and other found objects. So far he has produced a large body of art that can be seen on his My Tribe account. Below are some of his thoughts about his car:

I stated painting my car New Years Eve 2006. My friend, Patrick Amiot came over that morning with paint and told me it was time for me to paint my car. So I painted into the New Year. I later added painted dolls heads that I had about and slowly added other art pieces that I make. Its been a great way to have people see my art without going through the gallery and coffee house channels. I have a few names for it, Kali Eating Evil, The Birth of Venise Over and Over and Fog Vodooism which is the type of Art I create, a false vodooism, cast away consumer fetishes made into powerless gods of the voodoo fog from a mind lacking science but believing in nothing else. Art Moura

No comments:

Post a Comment