Saturday, August 18, 2007

Knaus and Letarte back at the track, getting teams ready for Chase

Nextel Cup crew chief Chad Knaus has rejoined reigning Cup champion Jinnie Johnson and his No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports team to get ready for Sunday's 3M Performance 400 at Michigan International Speedway.


"I'm not going to lie to you, it's tough,'' said Knaus, who was banned, together with Steve Letarte, from attending six races after NASCAR technical inspectors found unapproved front fenders on their entries before the June 24 race at Sonoma.


On the other hand, Letarte felt frustrated during his suspension. "I (could) do everything Monday through Thursday to prepare them, give them my notes, give them my ideas, this is how the last race went, this is how the next race might go. But, when they leave and come out to the racetrack, they're kind of on their own,'' he said.


But Letarte said he is ready to move on. "If you're asking if I laid awake at night thinking about it, no,'' he said. "I'm not too worried about it. I kind of have bigger goals. I lay awake more at night trying to figure out how we're going to win a championship (rather) than for not being here for the last six races,'' Letarte said.

No comments:

Post a Comment